For some, working out from home is the only available option to stay healthy. You can find free resources such as this one all over the internet to assist you with your at-home journey. Today, we have broken down five easy exercises that are proven to increase your overall health and fitness, all while being in the comfort of your own home
Integrating physical exercise in your life is a great way to keep your body happy and healthy.
Did you know there are two types of exercise? There are aerobic exercises and anaerobic exercises.
Aerobic exercises are long in duration and involved sustained movements. Aerobic means “with oxygen,” which means that throughout the duration of your workout, you are using a continuous amount of oxygen to maintain your energy levels.
Anaerobic exercises are intense and short-lasting, in which each exercise in a complete workout can last two seconds to two minutes. Anaerobic means “without oxygen” this is the type of exercise you do that gets you winded. Unlike aerobic, anaerobic exercises use up more of your oxygen supply, which means during your workout, your body depends on the energy that is stored in your muscles to maintain energy levels to complete your workout.
Let’s focus on anaerobic exercises and learn about their benefits.
Benefits of Anaerobic Exercises
Anaerobic exercises help improve your physical and mental health. Below are a few things anaerobic exercises tackles when performing your workouts:
- Improves physical performance: Regular exercise increases muscle strength, speed, and power, as well as the ability to withstand fatigue and improve faster recovery time.
- Reduces the risk of Chronic Disease: Living a healthy lifestyle and including regular exercise leads to a healthier body weight, which prevents the risk of chronicle diseases like heart disease and diabetes.
- Supports weight loss: Anaerobic exercise helps build muscles, which in turn burns body fat and continues to burn calories at rest.
- Fights depression: Partaking in physical activity improves mood, and a 2018 study showed that resistance training acts as a form of therapy for depressive symptoms.
- Promotes healthy aging: Research shows that participating in anaerobic workouts supports healthy aging by protecting the cells from dying.
There are more benefits to anaerobic exercises to maintain overall excellent health throughout our lifespan, and it is essential as our bodies age. Something important to keep in mind is to a partner your regular exercise with healthy eating to achieve optimal health.
Here are five great and easy exercises to start-up or add to your regular workout routine.